For the safety of all animals, Flight Angels, fellow passengers, and airline personnel, the following policies must be met.
Animals must --
- be at least eight weeks old
- be fully weaned
- be in good health and have a current Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
- display social behavior
- be up to date on all vaccinations
- fit comfortably in an airline approved, soft-sided carrier (no metal bars) which fits underneath the airline seat, (see SWA Pet Policy)
- not engage in disruptive behavior (scratching, excessive whining or barking, growling, biting, lunging, urinating or defecating in the airline cabin or gate area)
- must be bathed, clean and free of odors (carrier must be clean)
- Private Screeing at TSA Security is required for felines and
- have Pawdicures prior to transport (felines only).
No animal can weigh more than eighteen (18) pounds.
No more than two (2) animals of the same species are allowed per carrier with a combined weight of twenty (20) pounds.
The rescue organization must pay the ninety-five-dollar ($95)
Pet Fare to the Flight Angel, via PayPal, in advance of transport
and provide the following items (Supply List):
- A copy of the valid CVI signed by a USDA accredited veterinarian, uploaded to the Facebook Group Message
- An airline approved, soft-sided pet carrier. Carrier must be new or gently used. Carrier must be free from damage, tears, holes, cross contamination or any odors. Zipper must be in working order,
- Harness and leash
- Applicable medications and supplements
- Small blanket
- Small amount of food and/or treats
- Pee pads
- Waste bags
- Small toy or comfort item.
The rescue organization, Flight Angel, and
Transport Coordinator must –
- have a working cell phone
- be available during all phases of the transport and be on FB Messenger
- be flexible with drop-off and pick-up times
- meet inside the terminal for both drop-off and pick up
- meet 2 hrs prior to departure
- drop-off person must stay until flight has departed in case of an unexpected cancellation
- Flight Angel must pay Pet Fare at the SW Ticket Counter and
- maintain reflective communication on the day of transport.
Please follow SWA Social Media Policy with all postings.